The New African Magazine put together a list of 100 Africans that it thought were the most influential.
Of those 100, 14 of them are South African and include the likes of Elon Musk, Trevor Noah, Wayde van Niekerk and Pravin Gordhan.
In order for person to be deemed 'influential' they must have achieved something that has caused social or economic change outside of their profession.
The list is as follows:
- Pravin Gordhan - politican (Politics and public service)
- Elon Musk - Owner and founder of SpaceX, Telsa and Open AI (Business and Finance)
- Kumi Naidoo - Co-Founder of Africans Rising (Civil Society and Activism)
- Nunu Ntshingila – Head, Facebook Africa (Science, Tech and Innovation)
- Dr Tebello Nyokong – Award-winning Chemist (Science, Tech and Innovation)
- Khanyi Dhlomo – Media Mogulette, Founder of Ndalo (Media)
- Trevor Noah – Satirist and Host of The Daily Show (Media)
- Khadija Patel – Editor-in-Chief, Mail & Guardian (Media)
- Koos Bekker – Chairman and former CEO of media giant Naspers (Media)
- Laduma Ngxokolo – Fashion Designer inspired by his Xhosa heritage (Arts and Culture)
- Porky Hefer – A unique Designer with an ethical conscience (Arts and Culture)
- Caster Semenya – Athletics 800 meters golden girl (Sports)
- Wayde van Niekerk – The world-record-breaking boy wonder (Sports)
- Kagiso Rabada – World’s most feared cricket bowler (Sports)
Do you have a story to share with us? Inbox us on our Facebook page and we could feature your story.